Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Essay Comments

After reading over the comments on my essay I have identified both strengths and weaknesses in my writing. One of the strengths that I have indentified was my ability to create clear sentences that communicated my main idea. However, a weakness that I have is keeping this good style of writing consistant through out my paper. At certain points I explain my arguement clearly while at other points my sentenses are very long winded and hard to understand. I plan to improve my consistancy in regards to sentence structure throughout the essay on my next assignment.

Additionally, my conclusion was strong and could possibly be the best part of the essay. Although I had a strong conclusion, my intro seemed to be a bit long and not focused enough on the true topic of my essay. The two most important elements of my introduction, the topic sentence and the thesis were not particularly great and blended in rather than stood out with the rest of the introduction. I will consider revising my introduction once I complete my essay next time in order to create a stronger initial impression on the reader.

Furthermore,I had a problem with finding good specific examples that truely exemplified my arguement.Also some of my information and examples from the novel was inccorrect. Next time I will proof read to prevent this and to improve my arguement. I think that this essay has been a good learning experience and will help me earn a better grade on my next essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment